Ah Mamak Restaurant, how I miss thou! When it comes to mamak food I dare say Malaysia has the best. I cringed when I saw my plate of maggi goreng was fried with ketchup in Singapore. Seriously? Ketchup in Maggi Goreng? omg.
So I always make it a point to get myself a mamak fix whenever I return to Malaysia, even if it is a short trip. So recently (well not so recent actually), the famous Murni Mamak restaurant from SS2 had opened a branch at Aman Suria. It is a good news for frequent Murni goers because the original shop at SS2 is simply too crowded. And not to mention the hygiene is questionable too.

ribena-lychee

This photo has Murni SS2 painted all over it lol. If you are a first timer at Murni the only drink you should order is their signature Ribena Lychee juice. They are not stingy with the Ribena syrup so the taste is really 'kao'. At the SS2 branch usually it would be served in a bottle though.

mee-utara

Initially I wanted to have Maggi Goreng but my friend suggested me to try their Mee Utara done with Maggi mee instead. As much as I want to fix my cravings for Maggi Goreng I took his suggestion anyway. At least two cakes of Maggi Mee were used to prepare this huge serving of Maggi Utara and it contained quite a lot of ingredients too, primarily chicken and vegetable.
Flavor wise it was not bad at all, tangily spicy with a mix of sweetness and sourness – really appetizing. If you are a fan of spicy food you could probably ask them to make the noodles really spicy by adding more chili in it.

claypot-lou-shu-fan

If Ribena Lychee is the signature drink of Murni, then the Claypot Lou Shu Fan and Mee Raja are the signature food. Not the typical mamak food you would find but at Murni it's all about Asian fusion and catering to everyone. For the portion they are serving, RM5 seems reasonable considering the amount of minced chicken given. Throw in a few prawns too.

murni-discovery-aman-suria

The great food aside, what Murni Discovery really needs now is a further face lift of the shoplot and a proper signboard to make it easier to spot. The service, ease of access, parking and cleanliness for me were all aaa-oh-kay!

murni

Highly recommended for the same great tasting food with the same price but without the dodgy, oh-I-saw-a-rat-as-big-as-cat and eating-at-the-roadside-scared-to-be-hit-by-car feeling. Which, by the way might explain exactly why I did not go back to Murni SS2 after my first visit 4 years ago.

Murni Discovery
Jalan PJU 1/3B
Sunway Mas Commercial Centre
Petaling Jaya, Selangor
GPS Coordinates: N3 07.130 E101 35.967