I am starting a new category on my blog "Mom's Cooking" All entries under this category will feature dishes prepared by my beloved mother. I will update once a week in the weekends because that's when my mother cook something special and nice ;) The first dish I want to share with you is Sweet Sour Crab.

There is a wet market in Perai that sells some special seafood that cannot be found in normal markets. That would explain why my parents would call it a "richman's market" It is also the place where we bought our "Udang Merah" durian last weekend.

IMG_13471

You can find really big crabs sold there, price ranging from RM22-25 per kg. The way the crabs are killed is quite brutal: First they were put upside down and struck hard on their bellies by knives, while still being tied up. Then they were tore up to pieces.. ouch!

IMG_13611

We bought 7 crabs for RM55 to cook for 5 people. The crabs will still need extra cleaning using an used toothbrush, especially the limbs. Ingredients used to prepare this dish include: Chilli paste, Limes, Sugar and Corn flour.